Flashback To When He Said Forever & Always



Flashback to when he said forever and always...
I was there when you said forever and always...
You didn't mean it baby, don't think so...
Back up baby, back up, did you forget everything?

***

I still have good and bad days... and today happens to be a bad one.
How did something that felt so right then end up so wrong?
Why can't that problem just sublimate into nothingness?
Useless.
I blame you on days like these, when I lie awake alone in the afternoon.
I fear the future, sometimes. Only because once I was so confident I'd spend it with you.
And everything is just liquid now - quicksand beneath my feet.
And I miss you so much, and I miss the saturday sleep ins.
Cuts me to the core, I knew for a minute but I don't anymore...

I hope you are happy, where ever you may be on a sleepy Saturday afternoon.
But I don't know anymore, don't think so.
I have to fight my fingers to stop myself from letting you know.

No comments: