The Gift of Giving

I think it is truly better to give than to receive... today has been absolutely splendid!

After the session with the kids at Whampoa today, I felt as if I have found, yet again, my passion. It must be true that my heart lies with children. Somehow, I must have been born that way because there is no greater joy than to see a child smile. I think that the segment on the board games brought out the kid in me, I think I was more excited than any of the children present. It was fun!

I passed AJ the golf balls I had initially got for J. You see, I had to give it away. it was sitting in my car, reminding me of how even when overseas, I remember to get him something I'd knew he's like. Initially, I was apprehensive because I didn't know whether or not AJ would take it the wrong way -- giving him "2nd hand goods". But you see, I really couldn't allow myself to look at the balls any longer + I figured through my little interaction with AJ so far, that he must be a nice person enough not to be petty at taking someone's gift. it was brand new afterall!

I went with AJ for lunch and it reminded me that there may be good men left - maybe just a few of them, but they do exist.

***

I also had a massage over the wk, and my masseur said that she was OK with her husband cheating as long as he brought home the bacon and loved her children - REALLY?

What has the world come to? Is this the new standard to live by? I refuse. It is absurd. Completely unacceptable and unbelievable that a woman would allow that. She told me that the shorter a leash you put on them, the more they would rebel. Why even use the word leash???

***

Baby Camille is the most lovable baby. She smells lovely and has the most gentle personality. I think she will surely grow up to be a fine lady.

No comments: