Japanese Schoolgirl Watch


In my recent trip to Japan a couple of weeks ago, I imagined to be seeing girls in short skirts, automatic dispensers with soiled girl's underwear in it and tons of cosplay babes and hunks.

Was I disappointed with my trip?

Well, what gave me this impression, you ask? Perhaps it was the very intriguing movie, Lost In Translation, that gave me this very morbid impression.

Since my return from Japan, I've started to have an interest in this island.

One thing for sure I didn't see was the soiled underwear dispenser (and yes, if you were wondering, I was pretty darn disappointed!) But to my amazement, there were cigarette dispensers everywhere!

This shocked me quite a bit because knowing that the legal smoking age in Japan may be 20, schoolgirls in need of a nicotine fix should find easy workarounds. Vending machines can't tell if you're 16, so how can a country like this stop illegal underaged smoking and purchasing of cigarette packs?

The ubiquitous dispensers have long sold packs of Marlboros and Mild Sevens to anyone with the yen, and they never asked for ID — until now. Earlier this year, the Tobacco Institute of Japan began issuing "taspo" (short for "tobacco passport") age-verification cards, which must be scanned at newly installed smart vending machines before a purchase can be made.

The integrated circuit-embedded cards will also be equipped with an electronic money function that lets custo-mers buy stuff with a simple swipe. In keitai-crazy Japan, where phones can be used like credit cards, it shouldn't be long before taspo-capable mobiles begin to appear — for gals 20 and over.

High school girls will just have to find some other way to look cool and sophisticated -- and I don't mean anything to do with smoking....

But really, I was simply Lost in Translation!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the schoolgirls when I went a couple of years ago! Lots of them. Haha!

And yeah I was pretty amused by the cigarette machines too. They have vending machines for almost everything man

eStee said...

They have machines for everything! OMG... but then the school girls look generic. All heavy make up and layered clothes!!! Or perhaps it was cuz it was very cold when I was there!

JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

SuRfsLaYeR: I guess it is a 'culture shock'.. ^-^

But I guess it is worth the money going there, right? :D

eStee said...

alexandra: it was totally a culture shock, everyone dressed different... the conservative were conservative; but the wierd were oh my godish...

it was worth it, every bit of it. Perhaps it was also the company I was with there! :)

Unknown said...

Daryl is right, they have vending machines for everything. Even hot coffee in cans. I saw vending machines that were practically on people's front porch of their house. It's funny too because you see Hollywood stars pushing products that you don't see in the USA. Like I saw Kevin Costner doing a cigarette ad.

Renhao said...

On my previous trip I filmed this uber cool coffee vending machine that had cameras installed at every point of the process - bean grinding to chute opening, and you could see your coffee being made live. And then my dad or my bro deleted it. I was so pissed!

eStee said...

michael: they don't have vending machines for selling women yet, thanks God.

Farenelli: man that's so cool. Hey dammit which part of Japan were u at? I didnt see tt!

Cobalt Paladin said...

I love the movie "Lost In Translation". How did it leave you with the morbid impression, I wonder? I thought the movie showed that Tokyo was very modern with its bright neon lights and yet culturally very different from many of us. It inspired me enough to make 2 trips to Tokyo! :p

eStee said...

cobalt paladin: i don't know, it gave me a warped view. With the dirty dancing and the girl flashing herself to the guy she liked... just very paradoxic to the conservative japanese people I hear of.

Anonymous said...

I was walking through Shibuya the other day and a police officer shouted "stop you there" and grabbed a girl by the arm. The girl then suddenly pulled down her skirt and squatted like she was going to relieve herself or something. We kept on going and didn't really see where it went from there but it left alot more questions than answers.
We came to the conclusion that the girl was being accused of shoplifting and was trying to prove her innocence by showing she didn't have anything on her.
Shibuya has more than its share of strange characters, seriously I think they gather there.

Anonymous said...

av dvd, av成人網, 聊天室, 成人論壇, 本土自拍, 自拍, A片, 愛情公寓, 情色, 舊情人,

情色貼圖, 情色文學, 情色交友, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊, 情色電影, aio交友愛情館, 色情a片, 一夜情, 辣妹視訊, 視訊聊天室, 免費視訊聊天, 免費視訊, 視訊, 視訊美女, 美女視訊, 視訊交友, 視訊聊天, 免費視訊聊天室, 情人視訊網, 影音視訊聊天室, 視訊交友90739, 成人影片, 成人交友,

免費A片, 本土自拍, AV女優, 美女視訊, 情色交友, 免費AV, 色情網站, 辣妹視訊, 美女交友, 色情影片, 成人影片, 成人網站, A片,H漫, 18成人, 成人圖片, 成人漫畫, 情色網, 日本A片, 免費A片下載, 性愛, 成人交友, 嘟嘟成人網, 成人電影,

成人, 成人貼圖, 成人小說, 成人文章, 成人圖片區, 免費成人影片, 成人遊戲, 微風成人, 愛情公寓, 情色, 情色貼圖, 情色文學, 做愛, 色情聊天室, 色情小說, 一葉情貼圖片區, 情色小說, 色情, 寄情築園小遊戲, 色情遊戲, 情色視訊,

Anonymous said...

the clothes for the school girl is just to appeal the eyes of others. and for the cigarette machine, i am sure there are electronic cigarettes are sold there.