What legacy do I want to leave behind?

It's amazing how 2011 has started.

It has since been the year of drama!

Shimei's mum has been admitted to hospital in and out, and Kelvin's father passed away. And January is not even over yet! But this somehow seems to be a year of spiritual awakening for me. As I sit and talk to Shimei and Kelvin about life's experiences, I am so ministered by their sharing. And so encouraged by their faith. In times of trial and tribulation, they still praise God and glorify His name. It's amazing to see children of God love Him through good and bad.

And Jesus somehow seems to be pulling me closer to Him. How I run from him, I can't escape his huge hands. Time and time again, he pulls me closer and closer, and in His own still voice, tells me he loves me again and again. How great it is to be loved by Jesus!

I've been a christian all my life (I was born one, if you know what I mean), but that doesn't necessarily mean that you automatically inherit a "hardcore" Christian walk with Jesus. it just doesn't work that way. However, my parents are serious Christians and I've been very blessed in this life only because my parents have prayed unceasingly for me each day, and God has blessed me on the account that my parents have covered me with their daily prayers.

2011 has proven to be the year that I feel that my spiritual life has become purposeful again. Somehow I feel that I need to do more, pray more, read more, walk more closely with God. It's been a year of revelations, and I pray that the rest of the months will only continue to be more eventful in Christ.

Somehow I feel much more detached from the real world. I don't crave the parties I used to, I don't crave after frivolous activities anymore. Of course I still want to have fun, but somehow I've become more tunnel visioned in the sense I only choose things that will further my life goals. Afterall, how long do I have left on this earth? The time will only fly by in the twinkling of an eye. When I look back, I want to remember what I've done in this life to touch the life of others!

I've met so many spiritual warriors this year alone, somehow I feel that I need to step up my game. When I am standing at the pearly gates, what can I tell Jesus I've done for him? Will I bend my head in shame, or will I look him in the eye and be proud of this earthly life?

In 2011, I want to use my gifts and talents to make a difference to the people around me. I truly feel I have a knack for befriending the unloved and the less fortunate. I pray God will use these hands of mine for his glory. And most of all, He knows the desires of my heart before I even need to say it... help the people I love to truly recognize Your Lordship over their life, so I will be able to see them in eternity...

No comments: