The Letter That WIll Never Reach You

Dear J:

I have a thousand things to say to you, but I don't have the courage to say it to your face. Maybe it's because it is too painful, or perhaps it is because I think maybe you might get angry with me.

I write this with a heavy heart because over the last 2 days, I thought there was a chance we could be happy. But maybe, as always, foolishness gets the better of me. I want to stay positive, and I want to tell you the many things I would have given up to make you happy, but it is now too late. How do I know that it is too late? I don't know for sure, but it's better for me to put it this way.

When I received you texts last night, I was shocked at what you said to me. I was shocked that you would think me as such a person, I was shocked that you would have even thought I would do things beyond my moral conscience. But you see, part of me thinks that I have allowed you to think that way. And between you and me, we know the reason, because I can't take back the past, I can't change it.

I was deeply heartbroken last night, but then I managed to fall into deep slumber as my head touched the pillow, and you see, I know myself, that is a very very bad sign for me. When things don't keep me up anymore, that is when I start taking count of where I am in a particular situation.

I had to text you this morning to let you know how I felt, the 100th time, but I'm not sure you understand, I'm not sure you will ever get it.

You mean the world to me now, but I just don't know how long I can feel this way anymore...

I'm ready, just so you know.



Started with a perfect kiss
Then we could feel the poison set in
Perfect couldn't keep this love alive
You know that I love you
So I love you enough to let you go...

No comments: