So this is HILARIOUS. In the span of the last month, I have heard that like 5 friends are getting married. Yes they are my age - 23- and in my opinion, 23 is sooooooooo young, it's almost unimaginable.
I cannot imagine getting married now - NO - that's a scarey thought. I don't have the $$$, don't have the education (still stinking undergrad) and don't have the ability to plan for such a big day.
Sarah Ma, my ex JC classmate, I hear, has moved to Jacksonville, FLorida to be with her husband. And this kick-ass girl was the epitome of girl power back then, and the last person I'd imagine to fall into the temptation of walking down the red carpet in a gown!
No, don't be mistaken, I absolutely support the sanctity of marriage 100%, I think it's a beautiful commitment and act of love but 23 years old is a tad bit too young , No? Then again my mother got engaged to my dad at like 19, and by my age was already carrying around a big fat very ready to explode belly containing what we might consider to be a young human being.
23 years old and getting married. I'm scared. Scared because marriage is SOOOO far away, like at LEAST LEAST LEAST a couple of years or more and second, oh my god, that means you're OLD. OLD mature people get married, I think I'm just tooo childish to be able to call myself a wife. That freaks me OUT.
Is it just me, or is 23 really OK, assuming you've found the right person?
Nonetheless, for those of you who share my sentiments, here are the top 10 reasons why you should NOT get married, for now at least. But in a couple of years if you still are harbouring thoughts of singlehood, then you better hook up fast...
1. Think of all the debts you could pay off with that 10 GRAND you dropped on ONE DAY.
2. You will be too drunk to remember it, so all that time and planning goes to waste.
3. Everyone is secretly cursing your marriage and finding fault with your relationship, so why do you want to buy them an expensive meal and provide them with an open bar?
4. Your $2,000 wedding dress could feed an entire village of starving children, OR YOU COULD WEAR IT FOR ONE DAY.
5. That rock on your finger is evidence of bloodshed in the diamond mines.
6. Instead of a down payment on a home, you have a down payment on an article of clothing. Good luck raising your kids in between the white layers of taffeta.
7. Does the word “forever” mean anything to you? F O R E V E R! You're officially trapped.
8. Months, years, of planning are over in 8 hours or less.
9. No matter how much “product’ the salon puts in your hair, it will still fall by reception's end and you will look like Medusa rather than the put-together Mrs. Blank you wish to be.
10. You’ve been found guilty of creating a gift registry. It’s the social equivalent of being outed as a greedy, needy, brat. You’ve actually sent your friends and family on a “scavenger hunt” for your most wanted possessions… shouldn’t “the one,” be enough for you???
Courtesy of Oddcouple!