Canticle of Love

Grace and I went to church today and I ended up uber late because I got lost, yet again. I need to really improve my sense of direction, so frustrating you know!

Service was really amazing -- it was full on 1.5 hours praise and worship, so sometimes, you just need the time to quieten down. I spent the last 3 minutes praying for God to give me a new direction in life; to bring someone who will make me smile again; and for me to understand that I need to make Him the centre of my universe.

***

Hansen joined Grizzy and I for lunch today... and I was telling Hansen how retarded I have been. No, I really have, haven't I? Gosh, seriously... and we take a walk in Far East Plaza and I tell him a couple of things I wouldn't normally divulge to others. He laughs, and I laugh too. How stupid have I been? Hah.

***

Grace shared with the the Canticles of Love as shared in church by Pastor:


This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Brothers and sisters,
Let love be genuine and live in harmony;
Hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good.
Outdo one another in showing honour;
Be humble and never conceited.

Love is stronger than death
And jealousy is cruel as the grave
Floods cannot drown love
And wealth cannot by it.

Put love above all else;
Let Christ's peace rule your hearts.
Always be forgiving,
As Christ has forgiven you
Love is not jealous or boastful;
Arrogance, ride, or stubborn,
Irritable, resentful, or possessive.
Love is patient and kind.

Do not love in word or speech only;
Love also in deed and truth.
Receive each other in sincerity,
Find mercy and grow old together.

Love rejoices in the right;
It bears, believes, hopes,
And endures all things,
For love is faithful and endless.

When the Lord builds the house,
The labour is never in vain.
Happy are those who take refuge in God;
Those who serve the Lord are redeemed.

This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

***

I need to keep the faith...

No comments: