Guardian Angel

God must still love me and care for me -- I must be doing something right.

I met a guardian angel today and everything has changed. And it will only look better in time.

My vision has been cleared -- I see things 6/6 now. Yes, it still hurts, but the hurt will only subside. And truly, whatever has happened, I only have myself to blame. I was too trusting, too naive, and just wanted to "do the right thing" -- which happens to be completely opposite of what is good for me. I don't feel used in one bit actually -- but instead, I feel as if I've paid an expensive price to learn a lesson I should have already known. And life goes on...

He is right, absolutely. I am too trusting, too naive, and always think the best of others. People might use me for my kindness and good nature, but I am happy to make others happy. If that makes me glad, then why should that make me feel rotten?

But it's never too late to want to be happy, isn't it? I can't turn back the hands of time, but I sure can move along with it...

No longer will I shed a tear for anyone who doesn't know how to treat me right. No more will I be the weakling I am -- and you know what? This time I'm not just paying lip service, this time I mean it.

Thank you for answering my prayers and helping to open my blind eyes. Maybe you are yet to answer all of it, but for a start, I'm thankful.

I am happy, as happy as can be! Freedom. No regrets. None. Amazing times ahead! Please remind me to always hold my head up, no matter what the circumstance...

To begin with, I'm going to start my volunteer work all over again -- I've stopped for a bit because I got distracted by certain things, but it's time to get the wheels cranking, starting from this Saturday with tutoring children. I think AJ is going to come too. Too bad Gerri isn't - it would be even more fab! I am excited, children give me meaning. I need to focus on what makes me happy -- children.

One day -- Just one day, it'll be my turn to shine...

No comments: