Broken

We met Jan on tuesday night and she was completely broken.

As she sat beside us and wept, I looked at her, and felt her pain flow through every bone in my body.

My mind was taken back to the time, where I too, felt weak, helpless, in total despair when ZC walked out of my life.

And even typing this hurts a bit still -- the betrayal. But then, that was 10 years ago. I am an emotional being, I talk forever to get over things.

I looked at Jan, and said to her plainly, "D will now forever have to settle for 2nd best because he has just lost the greatest girl he would ever get. That is his biggest punishment he'll have to live with for the rest of his life". And I meant every word of it. From the bottom of my heart. I don't blame D -- no I don't. He has his reasons, but despite all those reasons, it is irresponsible to trivialize the feelings of the person whom you claim you love so very much.

She will pull through, as we all do.

***

I am a very happy camper. I have revived my love for reading! I have devoured 4 books this week and now instead of buying clothes, I invest my money in the best books. I have 2 that I'm reading simultaneously now.

***

I can't wait for 2012. It will be MY YEAR! MY BEST YEAR EVER! I just know it in my bones and I can't wait to experience what God has in store for me!

No comments: